Monday 21 November 2011

Home for the Christmas Season

On November 14,at 1pm my friend and I boarded Etihad on our way to Manila via Abu Dhabi. The check-in and the flight itself was good. Although we didn't get a good seat, there was no turbulence, thank God. Prayers really do wonders. We arrived safely as scheduled at the Abu Dhabi airport at 8:55 pm. Abu Dhabi is two hours ahead of Athens.  


                            Beautitul ceiling of the Abu Dhabi Airport


The next flight was 8 hours after, so we had to wait at the airport. Went around the duty free area, had light snacks and did some readings. Abu Dhabi is a busy airport, always full of incoming and outgoing travellers from Europe, Asia and the Americas. Part ofthe time waiting I used watching others sleeping, browsing on the internet, reading and making conversations.

The next flight was delayed for about one hour because of a passenger who would not take to her seat as the plane was taking off. The pilot was heard saying over and over the speaker, for everyone to take a seat and put on the seatbelt for takeoff. Apparently, a woman wouldn't take her seat. So the plane had to return, called up security and bring down the passenger.  It was a first experience for me,and I was terrified. But the incident was handled well.        

The plane landed safely, thank God, at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport t rounnd 6pm, an hour delayed. And as I walked past immigration and customs area into the street, I smelled Manila air, polluted but for me, I knew I was home again.

I could smell the cool breeze of Christmas season.The lights, decors and the christmas tree. This is a most awaited season here in the Philippines. I am glad  we are spending it this year in Manila.


                                          In one of the malls in Paranaque

No comments:

Post a Comment