Tuesday 29 November 2011

15 Days in Manila

It has been 15 days since our arrival here in Manila. My diplomat friend has been attending seminars and review classes for their examination in December. I have been going around, visiting family and friends. I am glad to know my friends are eager  to see me, and spend time with me. We have been to restaurants we used to go to, and also attending birthday parties.

December is a most awaited time of the year in the Philippines because it is Christmas, marking the birth of Jesus Christ. The season usually starts once the 'ber' month sets in.Families start decorating their living rooms, bedrooms, kitchens, gardens and even garages. The malls try to outdo each other by putting up tall Christmas trees, lighting the streets with colorful lanterns and multicolored bulbs. Government offices and local government units  sponsor decorating contests, singing contests, all in the spirit of Christmas. Christmas is trully a festive occasion.



Thank God we are here the Christmas holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment