Wednesday 16 January 2013

Christmas in Prague



Part 2

The next  day, December 24 we took a taxi to visit the Church of Our Lady Victorious, where the wax statue of Infant Jesus of Prague is enshrined. The locals here fondly call him
"Bambino  di Praga".




I stood in awe before the image of the Infant Jesus of Prague. Since childhood I have been praying to him for various favors. I never dreamed I would one day be right here where he is enshrined. Devotees from all over Europe were milling infront of the image praying and adoring at the same time the intricate and beautiful altar. Just below the image was the nativity with Joseph and Mary.
I prayed fervently for good health for family, safe voyage and the grant of a US visa for me. Deep in my heart I was confident these will be granted.





 The prayer goes: "O my Lord Jesus, we gaze on you as a baby and believe that you are the Son of God, who became man in the womb of the Virgin Mary, through the working of the Holy Spirit."

Since the museum was closed, being a holiday, we went to the souvenir store just across the church to buy Jesus images and other items.






And surprise, a few steps from the souvenir store is a Pinoy store!



 




The Church of Our Lady Victorious is accessible by public transportation. 


 


I hope we will have another chance to visit the shrine of the Infant Jesus of Prague...

 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment